I love writing these and I love reading these!
21. I have also never broken a bone (which I attrubute to my higher-than-average milk consumption) nor had my wisdom teeth out, despite their being impacted. I have horribly crooked bottom teeth, but I refuse to get braces (as I refused growing up, therefore having a long string of retainers that never really resolved the problem).
22. I consider the dentist that I had growing up to be a loony. The only reason, I think, that I went there is that my father would lend him machinery in trade for dental care. My dentist fancied himself a weekend farmer.
23. My father still goes to this dentist. I do not.
24. I had an epidural for my first childbirth, but not one for the second. I think I wanted to prove something to myself, but afterward I thought, "What the heck was I thinking?". Nevertheless, I am proud of going without it for one birth - alhtough I will be getting it for the next one(s).
25. DH and I plan to have 4 children. We have two boys now.
26. We got pregnant on the first try with ds1 and the second try with ds2. We both come from very fertile families.
27. I am truely conflicted over whether my boys should be allowed to join the Boy Scouts when they get older. On one hand, it's a great organization. On the other hand, I feel their policy against gay scout leaders is discriminatory and promotes the misconception that homosexuals are pedophiles. For that reason, I feel it would be wrong to support the organization, but I also feel it would be wrong to prevent my boys from joining.
28. My charities of choice are Planned Parenthood and the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation.
29. Although I drink rarely, my favorite alcoholic drink is Kahlua and cream.
30. There are very few foods that I honestly detest: parsnips, black olives (green are fine), liver, and beets. I will eat almost anything else.
31. I have eaten cow tongue and heart, frog's legs, and those strange parts that come in the bag with the turkey (in fact, we used to fight over them at my house).
32. We live with my parents. My brother and his wife built a house next door. My other brother and his new wife just unveiled their plans to build a house - on the hill between my parents and my brother's houses. You could say we are a little close
33. I have had two cats in my life - the one I have now (Ramen) and a kitten we rescued from the barn about 6 years ago (Roman). He had kidney damage and only lived about 2.5 years. For the last 3-4 months, I gave him fluids intravenously several times a day. He was a delirously happy cat until the last week, when we decided that letting him go would be the humane thing. Being in the room with him was one of the hardest things I have done. It was also one of the two times I have ever seen DH cry (he's going to kill me if he reads this).
34. I love the first Nintendo game system more than any that have come out since. I still have it. My favorite game was (is) Dr. Mario.
35. My DH trounces me at Risk. I refuse to play it with him anymore. He refuses to play Boggle with me for the same reason.
36. I love crosswords and SuDokus. I just started the world's largest crossword puzzle (28,000 clues). It's so big you have to work on small panels, one at a time. The clues are listed in a book.
37. When we lived in the city, our apartment was robbed by three teenagers (one of whom lived next door) by jumping onto our balcony from theirs. They stole all our alcohol, a candy jar, our Super Nintendo, and a ring. We got the candy and Nintendo back. I was reimbursed $70 for the ring (1/3 of the value from one of the boys). Our landlord refused to let us out of our lease still and we had to live there several more months.
38. My father wanted to name my Saphire. Thank goodness my mother won.
39. My DH wanted to name our first son Seamus. Didn't happen, although we did give him an Irish name.
40. If we have a girl, I want to name her Meredith Elisabeth. All the oldest females on DH's side of the family have Elisabeth or Elizabeth for a middle name.
I just feel that this would be the place for a picture. I find myself wondering all the time about other people - well, here's me:
I know it doesn't matter at all what anyone looks like here, but it feels so strange to me to have such intimate conversations with people and NOT know. By the way, that's my older son with me. We were playing Pretty Pretty Princess. Oh, there's #41: I don't care at all if my boys like stereotypical "girl" stuff, although it does seem to get to my DH at times!
And #42: I still consider myself a blonde even though...well, you can see the picture. I used to have such wonderful white-blonde hair as a child. I miss it.
And #43: I love the shade of brown of my eyes.
Fun facts - Part II
I love writing these and I love reading these!